Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas came and went




Wow it is hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone already.
This year we did things a little different. Since it was just Chelsea, Jesse and I, we packed up our presents and all of our stuff and headed to my parents for Christmas.
We had Christmas Eve at my sisters house and we all brought finger foods and it was really fun to get together and spend time with family.
We went home to mom's house and we watch Mama Mia. What a crazy show. It was kind of cute and then we went to bed.
Because my kids are older I thought we would be able to sleep in. Oh no the kids were up at 7:00 and couldn't go back to bed.
We had breakfast and waited for Tyson to come over so we could open presents.
It was a lot of fun having Christmas at home with my parents and my kids. It has been along time since we have done that.
Because the weather was going to be bad the kids and I left early to make it home before the storm of the year hit. We made it home in plenty of time.
We spent the rest of the day playing guiatar hero. Jesse got rock the 80's. My brother Jeff said that I would be the only on to enjoy it and guess what I did. The kids left to do other things and I got to rock out!!!
But now Christmas is over and we are on to a brand new year.
Hope that 2009 brings great joy to us all.

1 comment:

CMalone said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas. I'm glad you were able to spend it with your mom and dad. Mike really surprised me on Christmas day. He came over before Tim and I were even up and set up my present. When I came down stairs, he was sitting in front of a new computer. At first I thought he'd brought his own computer over, but then realized it was brand new. He'd built me a new computer. Nothing in the world could have touched me more than his thoughtfulness and his total shocking surprise for me. Christmas brings out the best in people--even 25 years old boys.